Industry sector:

Organic farm: Insurance

When you start up in business you will need insurance cover. Contact an insurer and explain to him or her exactly how your business will operate - they will then recommend what cover you should have. This might include:

  • premises and premises contents
  • livestock insurance
  • employers liability
  • third party liability
  • motor insurance (for delivery vehicles)
  • farm vehicle insurance (for tractors, fork lifts and so on)

NFU Mutual is one of the most popular organisations through which to organise insurance. They, along with other specialist farm insurers, will be able to tailor a policy to fit the needs of your farm.

Premiums may be paid in a lump or they may be paid in instalments. Your insurer will be able to advise you of the amounts due - enter them in the months when you will pay them.

More information