Industry sector:

Organic farm: Rent

It may be that you will be buying (or already own) your farm rather than renting it.

However, if you are renting your property enter in your cash flow forecast the amount of rent you will have to pay in the months that you will have to pay it.

Agricultural tenancies are regulated by the Agricultural Tenancies Act which cover such things as rent and notices to quit. There is guidance on the Act available on the website.

Your solicitor will help you with the lease agreement but make sure that you are clear about:

  • whether the property can be used for the purpose you have in mind
  • how frequently the rent will be reviewed
  • how long the lease runs for
  • what you and the landlord are each responsible for
  • the position as regards sub-letting