Industry sector:

Poultry farm: Rent

If you are renting your premises enter in your cash flow forecast the amount of rent you will have to pay in the months that you will have to pay it.

Agricultural tenancies are regulated by the Agricultural Tenancies Act which cover such things as rent and notices to quit. There is guidance on the Act available on the website.

Your solicitor will help you with the lease agreement but make sure that you are clear about:

  • whether the premises can be used for the purpose you have in mind
  • how frequently the rent will be reviewed
  • how long the lease runs for
  • what you and the landlord are each responsible for
  • the position as regards sub-letting