Industry sector:

Turf supplier: Insurance

When you start up in business you will need insurance cover. Contact an insurer and explain to him or her exactly how your business will operate - they will then recommend what cover you should have. This might include:

  • premises, stocks of seed, agro-chemicals and so on
  • goods in transit (for example turf deliveries)
  • business interruption
  • employer's liability
  • public liability
  • product liability
  • environmental liability
  • motor insurance (for delivery and agricultural vehicles)
  • agricultural vehicle/machinery insurance

Premiums may be paid in a lump or they may be paid in instalments. Your insurer will be able to advise you of the amounts due - enter them in the months when you will pay them.

Specialists in this sector, such as NFU Mutual, can tailor policies to suit the requirements of individual growers.

More information