Industry sector:

Turf supplier: Licences

As a turfgrass grower, there are certain certification and licensing requirements that may apply to you. These include:

  • if you use professional pesticide products, you are legally required to hold a specified certificate. (The only way that you can use them without a specified certificate is if you are working towards the necessary qualifcation under the supervision of a certificate holder.) In addition, if you store pesticides you must do so in a way that is consistent with existing codes of practice. You can find out more about your responsibilities on the HSE website
  • if you abstract groundwater using a borehole or well for irrigation purposes you may need to obtain an abstraction licence. You can find out more about this on the website