Industry sector: Business services

Accountant: Insurance

When you start up in business you will need insurance cover. Contact an insurer and explain to them exactly how your business will operate - they will then recommend what cover you should have. This might include:

  • professional indemnity insurance
  • premises, premises contents
  • personal accident and travel
  • loss of earnings
  • business interruption
  • employer's liability
  • public liability
  • motor insurance

Many insurance companies offer Office Policies which are tailored to the needs of office-based firms.

Members of professional accountancy bodies such as the ICAEW and ACCA may benefit from competitive rates on business insurance.

Premiums may be paid in a lump or they may be paid in instalments. Your insurer will be able to advise you of the amounts due - enter them in the months when you will pay them.