Every month you are likely to spend some money on different goods and services for your business. These might include:
- computer supplies and general business sundries
- contract cleaner for your premises
- vehicle and skip cleaning services
- trade association membership fees
- subscription to a trade journal
- repairs and maintenance to premises and equipment
- things like tea and coffee for yourself and any staff
Make an estimate of the amount you are likely to spend on general expenses every month.
Once your business is up and running do not forget to record what you spend on general expenses and keep receipts wherever possible.