Industry sector: Business services

Waste collection: Insurance

When you start up in business you will need insurance cover. Contact an insurer and explain exactly how your business will operate - they will then recommend what cover you should have. This might include:

  • employer's liability
  • public liability
  • pollution cover
  • premises and premises contents
  • business interruption
  • skip hire cover
  • motor insurance (for waste carrying vehicles)
  • personal cover - accident and injury, loss of earnings and so on

Premiums may be paid in a lump or they may be paid in instalments. Your insurer will be able to advise you of the amounts due - enter them in the months when you will pay them.