Industry sector: Consumer services

Aerial installer: Professional fees

You're likely to need the services of:

  • a firm of accountants
  • a firm of solicitors


Accountancy firms offer a wide range of business services, including book-keeping, drawing up the annual accounts, preparing tax and VAT returns, handling the operation of PAYE, giving tax and business advice and so on. It's worth asking other business people to recommend a good accountancy firm if you don't know of one yourself. The ICAEW and ACCA websites include online directories that can help you to find a qualified accountant in your area.

Ask your chosen accountant to estimate the likely cost of the accountancy services you require and enter the amount in the month or months when you expect to pay for them.


A solicitor can help you decide on what form your business should take. They can handle such matters as drawing up a partnership agreement or forming a company. Solicitors also offer a range of services that may be helpful to you in the early days of setting up and running your business, such as advising on contracts and so on. It could be worth discussing the matter of giving quotations and estimates to make sure that you and your staff never unwittingly commit to do a job at too low a price.

Ask the solicitor to estimate the likely cost of the services you'll require and enter this amount in the month when you expect to pay the fees.