If you are going to operate from salon premises (as opposed to being a mobile therapist) enter in your cash flow forecast the amount of rent you will have to pay in the months that you will have to pay it.
If you have not yet decided on a particular premises you could contact a local estate agent who handles commercial property to get an idea of how much the rent is likely to be.
Bear in mind your premises should be accessible to clients who are disabled.
Your solicitor will help you with the lease agreement but make sure that you are clear about:
- whether the premises can be used as a beauty salon
- how frequently the rent will be reviewed
- how long the lease runs for
- what you and the landlord are each responsible for
- the position as regards sub-letting