Every month you are likely to spend some money on different goods and services for your business. These might include:
- computer supplies
- external contract cleaners or cleaning materials
- window cleaner
- subscription to a trade journal
- repairs and maintenance
- magazines, newspapers and so on for your customers to read
- complimentary drinks for your customers
- tea, coffee and other refreshments for yourself and your staff
- plants and flowers for your waiting areas
Make an estimate of the amount you are likely to spend on general expenses every month.
Once your business is up and running do not forget to record what you spend on general expenses and keep receipts wherever possible.