Industry sector:

Acupuncture practice: Insurance

Once you have started practising you are going to need insurance cover. Contact an insurer and explain exactly how your practice will operate - they will then be able to recommend what cover you should have. This might include:

  • medical malpractice
  • premises, premises contents and stock
  • cash
  • business interruption
  • employer's liability
  • public liability
  • product liability
  • motor insurance (for vehicle(s))

Premiums may be paid in a lump or they may be paid in instalments. Your insurer will be able to advise you of the amounts due - enter them in the months when you will pay them.

Members of the British Acupuncture Council are covered by full medical malpractice, professional indemnity and public/products liability insurance. The cover also extends to additional therapies provided.