Enter in your cash flow forecast the amount of rent you will have to pay for your consulting and treatment rooms in the months that you will have to pay it.
You might decide that you can work from home - but remember that you will need enough space for a waiting area, treatment/consulting room and your herb dispensary. If your home isn't suitable you might be able to rent a practice room from another complementary therapist. You could also consider working part of the week in one town and the rest of the week in another - this would extend your potential patient list.
Bear in mind your practice rooms should be accessible to patients who are disabled.
Your solicitor will help you with the lease agreement but make sure that you are clear about:
- whether the premises can be used for the purposes you have in mind
- how frequently the rent will be reviewed
- how long the lease runs for
- what you and the landlord are each responsible for
- the position as regards sub-letting