Industry sector:

Homeopath: Insurance

When you start up in business you will need insurance cover. Contact an insurer and explain to him or her exactly how your practice will operate - the insurer will then recommend what cover you should have. This might include:

  • professional indemnity. If you are a member of a registering body like the Society of Homeopaths, it's likely that you will be required to have professional indemnity insurance. The premium for this insurance may be included in your membership fee
  • practice rooms, equipment and stock
  • cash
  • business interruption
  • employer's liability
  • public liability
  • product liability
  • motor insurance (for business vehicles)

Premiums may be paid in a lump or they may be paid in instalments. Your insurer will be able to advise you of the amounts due - enter them in the months when you will pay them.