Industry sector:

Osteopath: Insurance

Working in private practice, you may need some or all of the following types of insurance:

  • professional indemnity. In order to register with the General Osteopathic Council, you will need to have at least £5 million of professional indemnity insurance cover
  • all risks cover for your equipment
  • public liability
  • employer's liability insurance
  • loss of earnings
  • premises
  • motor insurance

Premiums may be paid in a lump or they may be paid in instalments. Your insurer will be able to advise you of the amounts due - enter them in the months when you will pay them. The Institute of Osteopathy (iO) offers multi-therapy professional indemnity and public and product liability insurance as a member benefit. You can find out more from the iO website.