If you are renting your premises enter in your cash flow forecast the amount of rent you will have to pay in the months that you will pay it.
Make sure that the premises will be big enough to accommodate your dispensary, the range of stock you plan to display in the retail area and an area for consultations.
Don't forget that you must register the pharmacy premises with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC). The premises must meet GPhC premises standards.
Bear in mind that your premises should be accessible to customers who are disabled.
Your solicitor will help you with the lease agreement but make sure that you are clear about:
- whether the premises can be used for the purpose you have in mind
- how frequently the rent will be reviewed
- how long the lease runs for
- what you and the landlord are each responsible for
- the position as regards sub-letting