Every month you are likely to spend some money on different goods and services for your restaurant or take-away. These might include:
- subscription to a trade journal
- trade association membership fees
- cleaning materials for your premises
- flowers for table decoration
- window cleaner and contract cleaners
- repairs and maintenance to premises and equipment
- general business sundries like computer supplies
Make an estimate of the amount you are likely to spend on general expenses every month.
Once your business is up and running do not forget to record what you spend on general expenses and keep receipts wherever possible - even for small items.