Industry sector: Leisure

Entertainer: Heat and light

It is not very likely that you will need separate business premises - a room set aside in your home should be sufficient to keep your business records in and to use as an office. If you do this, you should be able to agree with HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) that a certain proportion of the domestic heat and light payments is allocated as a business expense and set against your tax bill. The allocation will be reduced if the room is used for purposes other than business.

If you enter the business allocation of heat and light in your cash flow forecast remember to adjust your domestic heat and light payments when calculating how much you will have to take in Drawings to cover your living expenses.