Industry sector: Leisure

Entertainer: Insurance

When you start up in business you will need insurance cover. Contact an insurer and explain to him or her exactly how your business will operate - they will then recommend what cover you should have. This could include cover for your equipment, business interruption and motor vehicles

Premiums may be paid in a lump or they may be paid in instalments. Your insurer will be able to advise you of the amounts due - enter them in the months when you will pay them.

If you join a union, such as Equity, you may get free or discounted insurance cover, such as public liability, backstage cover and accident cover included in your membership fee.

More information