Industry sector: Leisure

Golf driving range: Insurance

When you start up in business you will need insurance cover. Contact an insurer and explain to him or her exactly how your business will operate - they will then recommend what cover you should have. This might include:

  • premises, premises contents
  • business interruption
  • cash
  • employers liability (required by law)
  • public liability
  • motor insurance

Premiums may be paid in a lump or they may be paid in instalments. Your insurer will be able to advise you of the amounts due - enter them in the months when you will pay them.

As with many other items of business expenditure, you can often save money by shopping around. Although many insurers can offer a complete package of business insurances, often at a competitive price, remember that you don't have to take out all of your business insurance policies with the same insurer. Also bear in mind that membership of the Organisation of Golf Range Operators (OGRO) can give you discounted rates of golf range insurance through its preferred partner. Visit the OGRO website for further information.