Industry sector: Leisure

Golf driving range: Licences

Although you don't need a licence specifically to run a golf driving range, you should be aware of the following:

  • if background music is provided in the range you are likely to need a Music Licence from PPL PRS Ltd. There is an annual fee for this which you can pay online on the PPL PRS website
  • if you're planning to sell food, you'll need to register with your local environmental health department. They will inspect your premises and help you to comply with the requirements of the Food Safety Act and food hygiene regulations made under it. Contact your local authority early on in your planning so that you register in good time - you'll need to register at least 28 days before you start any food operations. There is no charge for registering