It is very important that your night club attracts enough people every week - so you will need to think about not only how you will promote the business, but also how you will make sure that your club remains a popular destination.
There are a number of things you could think about doing to promote your club, such as:
- engage celebrity DJs at regular intervals
- promote local DJs and live acts
- develop an effective social media strategy, using Twitter and Facebook to reach new customers and keep existing customers up to date with events, special offers, visiting DJs and so on
- run promotions with your local record shop
- play different types of music on different days of the week so that you attract a wide range of clubber
- offer discounted entry fees on quiet nights of the week or before a certain time
- offer discounts to students and advertise at local colleges and universities
- show sporting events on a big screen
- offer free nightclub entry when a meal is purchased from the restaurant (if appropriate)
- advertise your club through your own website or an online directory, showing the different DJs and music throughout the coming week
- establish a good reputation for safety and maintain close links with the police. Put in place an effective drugs and weapons policy and aim to promote sensible consumption of alcohol rather than 'binge drinking'
- advertise in your local What's On and leisure guides
- distribute flyers in local pubs, perhaps advertising a special cocktail or menu available that night
- put on dedicated transport to take clubbers straight to your club