Every month you are likely to spend some money on different goods and services for your salvage business. For example, these might include:
- trade association membership subscriptions
- subscription to a trade journal
- servicing and maintenance of equipment and tools
- tea, coffee and provisions for yourself and your staff
- computer sundries
- packaging materials like bubble wrap
Make an estimate of the amount you're likely to spend on general expenses each month.
Once your business is up and running, don't forget to record what you spend on general expenses and keep receipts wherever possible.