Industry sector: Retail and wholesale

Art shop: Licences

There are no licensing requirements relating specifically to art shops but you may need to be aware of the following:

  • if background music is played in the shop you will normally need music licences from PRS for Music and PPL for the public performance of copyright music
  • if credit facilities are offered to consumers (for example to spread the cost of a large purchase) you will need consumer credit authorisation from the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
  • you may need a permit from your local authority to put an 'A-board' type sign on the pavement