Enter in your cash flow forecast the amounts you will spend on:
- postage. You are likely to spend a certain amount on a regular basis, but every now and then you might decide to do a mail shot advertising your business. This will increase the amount you spend on postage in that month
- business stationery such as letterheads, invoices and so on. Your local printer will be able to give you an estimate of how much a package of essential business stationery costs. You will probably pay for this in month one or two and then reorder as necessary later in the year
- miscellaneous stationery items
- advertising. You might decide to advertise your business on a regular basis, for example in the local newspaper or business directory. You could have leaflets printed, which you distribute or send out as part of a mail shot - you could also see whether businesses such as beauty and hairdressing salons, bridal wear shops or other clothing retailers would be prepared to give your leaflets to their customers. A website is a very good way to promote your lingerie ranges and advertise the services you offer. You could also advertise in an online directory. If you have an ecommerce website you have the potential to attract customers from all over the country and even overseas
- if you design and manufacture your own lingerie ranges it might be useful to have an entry in the Lingerie Journal Wholesale Directory or the UK Fashion and Textile Association (UKFT) 'Let's make it here' online database of UK manufacturers
Once you have decided on your advertising strategy enter your estimate of the cost in the months in which you will spend the money.