Industry sector: Retail and wholesale

Milk round: Insurance

When you start up in business you will need insurance cover. Contact an insurer and explain to him or her exactly how your business will operate - they will then recommend what cover you should have and give you an idea of cost. This might include:

  • premises, premises contents and stock
  • employers liability (if you employ staff)
  • public and product liability
  • motor insurance (for delivery vehicles)

Premiums may be paid in a lump or they may be paid in instalments. Your insurer will be able to advise you of the amounts due - enter them in the months when you will pay them.