Industry sector: Retail and wholesale

Milk round: Licences

What action do I need to take?

In order to comply with food safety legislation you must register with your local environmental health department. They will help you to comply with the requirements of the Food Safety Act and other food legislation. However, if you are a roundsman you will not need a licence and there is no charge for registering.

If you keep a computerised record of customers' personal details you may be required to register with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). From May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation has introduced additional protection for personal data.