The range of products you sell will depend on what type of shop you intend to run but may include some or all of the following:
- vinyl - many independent record shops generate a large proportion of their income from sales of vinyl, which has hugely increased in popularity in the last five years or so
- picture discs
- music DVDs and Blu-ray discs
- cassettes, which have surprisingly made something of a comback in the 2010s
- clothing and other music merchandise
- books and magazines
- console and computer games
- portable music players and related accessories
- concert and other event tickets
It is likely that you will stock both singles and albums.
You may decide to offer an ordering system so that customers will use you to track down hard to find titles. You may also decide to stock both new and secondhand titles.