Every month you are likely to spend some money on different goods and services for your business. These might include:
- freelance window dresser/visual merchandiser
- computer supplies
- cleaning products and materials for your premises
- contract cleaners and/or a window cleaner (most retail premises have their windows cleaned regularly)
- subscription to a trade journal
- repairs and maintenance to your premises
- staff refreshments and rest room sundries
Make an estimate of the amount you are likely to spend on general expenses every month.
Once your business is up and running do not forget to record what you spend on general expenses and keep receipts wherever possible - even for small amounts.