Industry sector: Transport

Coach firm: Insurance

When you start up in business you will need insurance cover. Contact an insurer and explain to him or her exactly how your business will operate - they will then recommend what cover you should have. The most important, of course, is insurance for your vehicle(s), both in the UK and on the continent (if appropriate). In addition, you might need:

  • premises, premises contents
  • employers liability (if you employ staff)
  • public liability
  • personal accident (for employees)

Some firms offer competitive rates for fleet insurance. Premiums may be paid in a lump or they may be paid in instalments. Your insurer will be able to advise you of the amounts due - enter them in the months when you will pay them. (Some specialist firms offer computer generated proposal forms and accept credit and debit cards so you can obtain instant cover by phone.)